Welcome to Vinyl Joblottin'
Listen to episode 26 here - https://www.mixcloud.com/AlbanLow/cover-art-and-artists-vinyl-joblottin-ep26/
When I’m searching the vinyl joblots on sale each day, the art on the record sleeve is often an instant indicator of the era and genre. It can also be a shorthand for quality and is often the first thing that piques my interest. Spanning a 10 year period, 1953-1963, the cover art on these records come from 6 different artists, some well known, with others lost to obscurity.
Alban Low is your Joblotter. Part of the 'A World in London' radio series. This Joblot of 6 records cost £16.30.
1. Embassy Stomp - Ambrose And His Orchestra
2. Lover Man - Charlie Parker Et Son Quintette
3. Blues For Some Bones - Charles Mingus Presents Jazz Workshop
4. Night And Day - Art Tatum, Ben Webster
5. Varsity Drag - Sid Phillips And His Band
6 St. Thomas Sonny Rollins
This radio programme is part of the A World In London Radio Series, more information at http://djritu.squarespace.com/