Welcome to The Vinyl Thread with Natalie and Alban Low. This week we return to a favourite theme, Cover Art. We talk about cover artists from France, Ireland, Senegal and the UK. Sharing their stories and the music they represent. Join us for 20 minutes of vinyl and shellac, we spin flea market finds and auction lots into a themed selection for you to enjoy.
Listen to episode 63 of The Vinyl Thread here - https://www.mixcloud.com/AlbanLow/cover-art-the-vinyl-thread-ep63/
Originally broadcast on Radio Nope on the 22nd May 2022. Listen to other shows on Radio Nope at www.radionope.com
1. Pupi Campo and His Orchestra - Wha Happen (10”)
Vogue Records - L.D.S. 046 (Pierre Merlin)
2. Milton "Mezz" Mezzrow And His All Star Band - Sendin the Vipers (10”)
RCA - A 130 219 (1955) (Ivan Bottiau)
3. Ouza & Ses Ouzettes - Amina (12”)
Productions Jambaar PJ - JM 5003 (1980) (Djibathen "Laye" Sambou)
4. The Wedding Present – Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now? (7”)
Reception – REC 011 (1988) (Nick Spence)
5. The Simon Park Orchestra - Van Der Valk (7”)
Columbia - 2C 010 94841 (1975) (Joël Papiau)
6. The Stan Tracey Quartet - The Party (12”)
Steam - SJ 111 (1984) (Anne Carlisle)
Next week we take a tour of the UK, sharing music from Trad revival of the 1950s and 60s.