Welcome to The Vinyl Thread with Natalie and Alban Low. This week we tour the UK listening to some of the musicians and music that was part of the Trad Jazz revival of the 1950s and 60s. Join us for 20 minutes of vinyl and shellac, we spin flea market finds and auction lots into a themed selection for you to enjoy.
Listen to episode 64 of The Vinyl Thread here - https://www.mixcloud.com/AlbanLow/trad-uk-the-vinyl-thread-ep64/
Originally broadcast on Radio Nope on the 29th May 2022. Listen to other shows on Radio Nope at www.radionope.com
1. Zenith Six - The Chant (7”)
Tempo - 45/A 145 (Manchester)
2. The Clyde Valley Stompers Featuring Mary McGowan - I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate (10”)
Beltona - ABL.524 (1958) (Glasgow)
3. Humphrey Lyttelton And His Band - Do The Beaulieu (7”)
Columbia - DB 4754 (1961) (Beaulieu, Hampshire)
4. Avon Cities' Jazz Band - Hawaiian War Chant (7”)
Tempo Records - 45/A 151 (1956) (Bristol)
5. Ottilie Patterson With Chris Barber's Jazz Band - Reckless Blues (7”)
Decca - DFE 6303 (1957) (County Down)
6. The Merseysippi Jazz Band - West Coast Shout (10”)
Esquire - 20-063 (1956) (Liverpool)
Next week we head south for a long distance vinyl episode from Australia.